Hey Internet! I’m back with another Disney-themed dish! Today I’m going to tell you my favorite salad recipe at the moment, based off of the Watermelon Salad with Pickled Onions, B&W Gourmet Farms Baby Arugula, Feta and Balsamic Reduction salad from this year’s Epcot Flower and Garden Festival. Here is the original version (pictured with some really fun dranks – Violet Lemonade, I love you forever).
The first time I had this salad I knew it would be something I wanted to try to recreate at home. It was amazing, and something that wouldn’t take a crazy amount of time to make. Since it is a salad, I’m not even going to pretend I have measurements for you. It’s a salad people. Put the stuff in the bowl. But here are the ingredients:
– greens (I usually use an arugula/spinach mix)
– watermelon, chopped (the watermelon in Epcot was in pretty big chunks, but I like to cut mine into more bite size pieces
– feta cheese (as much or as little (I vote MUCH) as you want)
– balsamic reduction or balsamic dressing (I typically just use a store bought balsamic dressing)
– pickled red onions (I LOVE pickled red onions but I can never find a great recipe/I am lazy. I wish I could find this prepackaged. I would buy that ish. But unless I have been REALLY on top of my kitchen game, I don’t usually add these. Because lazy.)
-sunflower seeds (because when you don’t have onion garnish, adds some sunflower seeds? Sure. Let’s go with that)
– sliced chicken breast (this is an addition I made to add some protein and to make this salad more of a meal in and of itself)
Put the stuff in the bowl, toss it and enjoy. I have been taking this salad to work with me almost every day for the past month It’s crazy easy and insanely good. Here is what it might look like at my place:
Let me know if you try it internet!