It has been FOREVER hasn’t it?
It turns out that grad school has a tendency to be stressful… Especially when finals are only a month away.
I know a month SOUNDS like a long time, internet, but it isn’t. I have almost 200 note cards to memorize in that month and some reading and all my other work on top of it.
This last week was particularly stressful, and I’ve reached a point where I realized I’m maybe pushing myself too hard. I need to give myself a little grace when it comes to the CRAZY study schedule I’ve set for myself.
If I don’t ease up, I MAY not survive this next month.
So… what are the ways I like to relax when I think I’m going to loose my mind if I memorize one more note card? (Quick! What is the estimated regression coefficient in matrix form? I’ll tell you!! (X’X)-1X’Y! You are welcome, Internet. You. are, Welcome.)
- Her is a list of things I’ve been enjoying when I haven’t been panicking about school:The Hamilton Soundtrack – GUYS. This one is a game changer. It is a hip hop musical about Alexander Hamilton and YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO IT. It is on Spotify so you have no excuse. Go listen to it right now! I will wait.
- Gilmore Girls – This has always been one of my all time favorite shows, and it is the perfect show to put on in the background while I do math. I have seen every episode multiple times so far, so if I miss something its not the end of the world. Plus I’ve been channeling my inner Rory Gilmore, and she is some great inspiration for me!
- This American Life – There may be a lot of audio things on this list, but to be fair I have a one and a half hour commute to campus every day. I have been listening to This American Life on my drives and I have made some PROGRESS. I started on the current episodes and have made it all the way back to 2008. It’s actually a really fun way to what has changed over the last seven years, and my goal is to listen to every episode by the time i graduate. I have until next may to get all the way back to 1995, but I think I can do it.
- Pho – I got sick last week and tried my hand at making my own pho. It was super delicious AND helped me feel better from all the dying I was doing.
- CHRISTMAS!!! We finally got the tree up, and have been decorating and it is BEAUTIFUL in our apartment. It has been a lot of fun to work on, and it provides a super festive environment to study in!
- Cats – Winston and Ellie make the BEST study distractions! They are so cuddly and and great… you know, when they aren’t destroying everything we love…
They aren’t graceful #christmascameearly #elliemaywhovier A video posted by Liz (@liz_tippy) on
- Wine – I think this one is pretty self explanatory.
- Treating Myself – I splurged and got a rose gold ombré in my hair and I LOVE it. It was fun to splurge on myself and get something done for me.
So what are the things you like like to do relieve the stress?
P.s. I was watching Modern Family n Hulu while I wrote this and DID YOU KNOW THEY MAKE SOUP K-CUPS?!!? WHAT EVEN IS LIFE!????