So here we are. Sunset and Camden.
Those were the first words I wrote on this here blog, exactly two years ago. And I don’t like to boast, but I think those are pretty good first-blog-words.
It’s hard to believe I’ve been writing here for two years. I feel like a different person than I was when I wrote that first blog post. (Is that going to happen every two years? Am I going to keep becoming a completely different version of me every two years for the rest of my life? Because I’m not sure I am emotionally prepared for that). Since I wrote that first blog post I: found a job with wonderful people, did a wedding planning internship, visited Denver a bunch of times, stood with my bestie as she got married, dreamed new dreams for my life, left that job with the wonderful people, enrolled in a new university, and picked up and moved my life across the country.
In those two years, I got brave.
Two years ago I wanted to move, but was too scared to take a leap without the safety net of a job waiting for me.
It took some time, but I made that leap. I moved, not to Denver, but to Orlando. I’m going to school again, pursuing a career that I was afraid would be too challenging when I was in college. I’m taking action, and I’m proud of that.
But there is still things I want to work on, because I’m still alive so there are still changes I want to see happen. So, in the tradition of this blog, I’m making a list of things, both short and long term, that I want to see happen.
- Get a job. Pay the bills. – This was my first ever blog-goal. And it is making an appearance again. I am hoping and praying this goal will be taken care of in a week or so, but you never can tell with these things.
- Focus on school – study, memorize things, do well on tests, keep up with homework, and (most importantly) don’t get discouraged when school work is hard. If I don’t understand something, ask and study until I do.
- Regulate my sleep schedule – Wow. I am having real life flash-backs to my first blog post. With my crazy early morning calculus, I need to get on a sleep schedule that works for my life.
- Make my health a priority – today this looks like buying some Excedrin Migraine because my head has been pounding for three days now. Long term this looks like finding a doctor (and a dentist) and trying to avoid sinus infections.
- Finish reading 2/3s of my current library – I have catalogued the library I have here in Florida and on my Kindle, and I want to have 2/3s of it read by this time next year. Right now I am at 41%, and need to read 33 books to reach that goal. That is if I don’t buy any more book. Which, lets be real isn’t going to happen. This may not happen. I’m a really slow reader. But I can try!!
- Experience every attraction on Walt Disney World Property – Believe it or not, I have not been on every ride at Disney. I want to take this next year and ride/see everything.
- Have quiet time at every Disney Resort on property – This will be magic. I just know it.
- Experience everything there is to see in Harry Potter World.
- Watch the money, and don’t spend money on so many things. – I want to be more intentional about what I buy.
- Keep blogging about 2 times a week – It’s about to get real busy up in here, and I want to be sure I keep up the blog. Because I love you, Internet.
- Keep up a calendar for an entire year. – I have an Erin Condren planner on its way to me as I write this, and I want to use it for real all year.
So that’s my list for this year. I’m not sure if I can swing all of this, but I can try. We are getting into fall here, slowly but surely, so do yourself a favor and go get a pumpkin spice latte!
And if you still don’t get the Sunset and Camden, go watch Singing in the Rain. You. Are. (Once Again) Welcome.