So I promised a post about Bridal Shower weekend and here it is!
Last weekend was the bestie’s bridal shower in Denver and it was great! I flew in directly after work on Thursday and had a 3 day weekend in Colorado, and it was awesome!
Highlights! (Like the magazine!)
- We surprised the bestie by flying her mom and brother into town! The fact that we were able to keep this a surprise was astounding! Here is a list of people who knew about the surprise: all the bridesmaids, the fiancé, her family, every one of my co-workers, all of my friends in Illinois, a few random people I met at the grocery store, etc. I was SO EXCITED about this surprise that I could not hold it in. So the fact that I didn’t ruin it was kind of a miracle (I wasn’t the only person to express that sentiment, so I am pretty sure Jesus was watching all of our backs on this one).
- MAD MEN PARTY! The bridal shower was Mad Men themed and it turned out great! We dressed up and had Gin and Tonics with St. Germain, and mini comfort foods.
- Photo booth!!! We had a fun photo booth set up and it was a lot of fun! Here are just a few highlights:
- Gifts! – What’s a party without them?
- Yummy Yummy Yummy times! When we weren’t at the shower, we were eating ALL the good food! We had sushi and apple crisp and Chinese food and brunch and LOTS OF COFFEE. This was good because I like coffee. A lot… Not enough to take pictures for you… But a lot!!
- Picking up our bridesmaids dresses!!! I can’t show you pictures, because I don’t want to ruin any surprises, but we got our dresses and they are wonderful and I like them a lot a lot a lot a lot!!!
- Freezing. Here is a story, internet: I packed a bunch of really cute early October clothes (light weight long sleeves, moccasins, etc.) On a whim, before I left work, I grabbed a fleece for the plane. This was good because, AS I AM BOARDING THE PLANE, the woman in front of me says something along the lines of “Blah blah blah 20 degrees and snowing tomorrow night blah blah blah.” To which I say “EXCUSE ME? WHERE NOW IS WHOSE IT?!?!” Apparently when you are flying to Colorado you should ALWAYS CHECK THE WEATHER! It wasn’t too horrible. It did snow, but I dealt. I am a Chicagoan after all.
Anyway, that was the magic that was bridal shower weekend. It was basically perfect, even with the snow. It made me miss the bestie a lot a lot a lot and I’ve been homesick for Denver ever since I left. But the wedding is less than 85 days away and I can’t wait to go back!!!
Where do you feel homesick for internet?
I’ll be back soon with stories from this weekend, which was great in some aspects and MUCH LESS GREAT in others. Stay tuned!… but, like, go do something… Don’t just sit here waiting… It’ll still be later this week… I am le tired Internet.