Tag Archives: updates
Hey Internet! It’s been a hot minute… clearly I’m still re-figuring out this blogging thing. To be fair, it’s been a crazy few months around these parts. I’m thinking maybe a quick monthly recap will help me keep this blog more up to date. So let’s try this!
July was a rough month for a few reasons I’m not going to get into on the internet, but there were a lot of great things too. I’m going to focus on those today. So a few highlights from July:
- I didn’t go to fireworks or do any of the traditional 4th of July festivities (when you live close enough to the Magic Kingdom to hear their fireworks every night, the need to see fireworks on the fourth becomes less dire). But I DID get to partake in my yearly bomb-pop-the-champagne, and that was delightful (as always).
- My bestie visited for a weekend! … I was so busy soaking in the moment that I forgot to take pictures, but we went to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios and had brunch at The Wave… of American Flavors and went to Disney Springs and it was so needed for my heart.
- I got a new (to me) car! My old car (Hildegard) was getting OLD and TIRED and my mom was ready for a new car so she and my aunt drove her car down to FL and I bought it! It’s very exciting mostly because my check engine light is not coming on all the time anymore! It’s the little things, internet.
- (Related) My mom and Aunt visited! We stayed in the Port Orleans riverside and it was amazing…. and tiring… I was working during the day and going with them to the parks at night… and that is how I ended up taking a six and a half hour nap last weekend… true life story.
- My mom and aunt brought down my new wine cart from Etcetera Home and I LOVE IT! I am so excited to fill this baby up with ALL THE WINE. It came just in time fore my first box of wine from Winc (thanks dad!)
- Speaking of wine, CAN WE TALK ABOUT MY NEW WINE STOPPER? I am obsessed.
- I’ve been listening to ALL THE PODCASTS. I’m spend my work days sitting at a computer and I have been listening to podcasts while I work. My coworker told me about My Favorite Murder and I cannot get enough of it. I’ve listened to about 20 episodes in a week… and most episodes are about an hour and a half… I may have a problem… BUT IT IS SO GOOD.
And… I think that’s basically July in a nutshell. Also CAN WE TALK ABOUT HOW IT IS AUGUST ALREADY?!? I simply CANNOT.
Anyway, hope you are having a great week Internet! Hopefully I’ll be talking to you soon. (We are really at a point where I should not be promising any sort of posting regularity… but I will try. If I’m not napping.)
Category: Monthly Life Slightly Mastered
Hello Internet!!!! Boy howdy, has it been a long time – it turns out being a second year grad student and teaching two classes a semester is not a life style that is conducive to blogging… Who would have thunk it. Anyway, at the beginning of this month I graduated! I am officially a Master of Statistical Computing!! It’s a little bit crazy to think about. I’m not sure it has totally sunk in that I am done, but in a week and a half I start a new adventure and I think once that starts it will feel less like I’m on summer vacation and more like I am a real life working grown up… maybe…
Anyway, now that I have my masters, it feels like this here blog needs a bit of an update. Unfortunately Baby Got M.S. (Masters of Science) does not have the same feel (or meaning) that Baby Got B.A. has, so I’m currently racking my brain on how I want to “re-brand.” (Let me know if you have any new name ideas! I’m kind of at a loss)
I may not know how to rename the blog, but I do know for sure that I want to start blogging again. There is so much I have wanted to write about in the past year that just got lost in the shuffle. So, this post is just a quick “hey girl hey!” (or “hey boy hey!” this is an all-inclusive internet space) and a heads up that I will be coming back – hopefully soon! I plan on having posts on this here Disney life as well as some cooking, some crafting, maybe some fashion, and some talking about my cats (because obvi). I will probably also have the periodic “my life is a mess” post… again. Obvi.
Until I’m back with some new stories and a new name, I’ll leave you with some pictures from graduation weekend!
I was lucky enough to have my mom, dad, and grandparents fly down to see me graduate – They are all saints seeing as I got my masters in the first 20 minutes and then they had to sit through 1550 undergrads… it was a long ceremony.
And of course, I couldn’t have made it through grad school without Adorabeezle Winterpop. This girl has lived with me for the past three years and witnessed MANY a school related melt down. She even helped me study for finals and my comprehensive exam when she had no idea what was written on my flash cards. Bless her supportive, wonderful heart.
New favorite dress
While they were in town, I got to take my mom and grandparents to Animal Kingdom, EPCOT, and the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue! It was a great way to celebrate!
So there you have it – graduation weekend! I’ll be back again soon internet!!
*Cue Mrs, Doubtfire Voice*
Well HELLO Internet
I know it has been forever and a half since I updated this here little blog, but life is busy and blogging just has not made the cut priorities-wise.
Things that have made the cut:
- Working of a crochet project from over a year ago
- Thinking about how I should PROBABLY start studying for my comprehensive exams in August
- Criminal Minds
- Crying about how much I miss the cats (more on that in a second)
- Being in two weddings
- Day dreaming about sleep
- Buying Hamilton Chicago tickets… for next March…
- Starting my first set of Power Sheets!
So as you can see I have been VERY busy.
Since I wrote last, I finished my second semester of my master’s program and I moved to central Illinois for the summer to do an internship. I’ve been loving it, but I miss Adorableezle and Winston and Ellie May like a crazy person. Seriously. Everyday she snaps me pictures of the cats, and everyday I send her pictures of me getting all weepy and saying “WHY DO YOU WANT ME TO CRY ALL THE TIME?!?!” But I would cry more if I didn’t have my cat pictures… and now I’m sad again…
But other than the cat-related sadness, Central Illinois has been surprisingly great! The town I am in is a college town with a lot of fun things to do (ok… that may be a stretch… I mean lots of fun restaurants to try. And I do mean lots – the most restaurants per capita in the whole US). There is a cute Farmer’s Market on the weekends, and I am only a two and a half hour drive from home, a vast improvement over my normal two and a half hour flight.
This summer is also a study in adulting – It has been a while since I had a regular 40 hour a week job, and I am figuring out how to have a job and a life and how to be a Real Life Person instead of just a grad student (if you don’t understand the difference between the two, you probably aren’t in grad school). But, it is just for a summer, and I do have to go back to school in a month and a few days. As such, I have already starting having anxiety dreams about failing my comprehensive exams and showing up to my first day of teaching (I have my own class next semester! Holla!) with no syllabus and no lesson plans… So clearly I am having a very relaxing and not at all stressful summer.
Anyway, that has been my life recently. I would promise that you will be seeing me around these here internet parts more, but I don’t want to make promises I can’t keep. For now, here are some instagram highlights from my summer:
An Epcot Bachelorette Party!
A photo posted by Liz (@liz_tippy) on
The Bride and I
My Last Dinner in Orlando
Wine Bar Fun!
Farmer’s Market Swag
Dat Breakfast Doe
A Different Kind of Bachelorette Party
A Different Kind of Bride and Groom
I Caught My Very First Bouquet!!
So Much Bridal Happiness
Celebrating the Fourth #bombpopthechampagne
So there you have it, Internet! How have YOU been recently?
Since I have been gone for FOREVER, I thought I would stop in and talk about some things I am currently obsessed with, so you can get a feel for what I’ve been up to when I wasn’t freaking out about finals and then ignoring real life because of the holidays.
In no particular order:
- HGTV: I have a problem, and the problems name is Fixer Upper, I have watched every episode on Netflix, and have started re-watching them. I also bought My Big Family Renovation from Amazon Prime, because when my girl Jen Hatmaker is on an HGTV show you KNOW I need to watch it. All I want to do is buy a house with the no money I have and the KNOCK DOWN ALL THE WALLS
- Still Hamilton: Seriously Internet. Go listen to it RIGHT NOW. It is better than this blog – I will admit that! Go! Now!
- John Mulaney – The Comback Kid: This is my new favorite comedy special on Netflix. I watched it 3 times in a week while I was home because I just need all of my friends to GET ON MY LEVEL
- Christmas: There was so much Christmas!!! But now I’m back in school…boo…
- Plaid Puffer Vests – two Christmases in a row I have gotten plaid puffer vests from Land’s End for Christmas. And they may be my two favorite pieces in my closet. I am not even a little bit kidding. This is the vest I got this year and I have been LIVING in it:
- Peppermint Schaaps in my Coffee: ’nuff said
What are YOU obsessing over at the moment, Internet?
Looooong time no see! The last month or so of my semester was pretty rough. It involved A LOT of studying, a good bit of stressing, and a trip to the emergency room with kidney stones.
Needless to say, I’m happy for a break.
I’m currently back home in Chicago (for two and a half weeks!!) and I am so thankful for a rest. Well, rest-ish. It seems like I have been running all over the place since getting back home. It’s been wonderful to see all the people who I have missed so much, but I am le tired.
Anyway, today (Merry Christmas, btw) it really started to sink in how badly I need rest. Consistent rest. Rest in my day-to-day life. And not just fall int0 bed at midnight rest, real rest. Rest for my body and my soul.
I have been doing the #shereadstruth advent study, and it has been some much needed refreshment for my heart. As the new semester approaches, I want to start it right – keeping myself on pace in school so it’s not a mad rush at the end of the semester and taking time each day to really take care of my heart.
This always turns out to be a more daunting task than I anticipate, but without making an effort, I am just setting myself up for a world of stress and anxiety later.
So for the rest of the break, I am hoping to rest, really rest, so that as the new semester begins I will be prepared emotionally.
I also want to get back into blogging. It’s been so long I barely know where to start, but I’ll take it one post at a time and see how it goes.
I hope you had a Merry Christmas, Internet and a restful holiday season