Tag Archives: cats
Hey Internet! I don’t know about you, but I have to work/school today and Monday’s got me being like this:
BUT I had a great Galentine’s/Valentine’s Day weekend and I wanted to pop in and share some pictures!
The weekend started at a BBQ restaurant with my carpool buddy on Friday. GUYS. This place. The food was AMAZING. ANDPLUSALSO? THERE WAS A CAT! AND the cat looked so much like Binx. I called him Binx II, and he crawled right into my lap and I maybe almost cried. Pictures:
If you are ever in the area, the place is called Yellow Dog Eats and it is the best.
After lunch I went home and Adorabeezle and I finished Broadchurch (its a BBC crime series and its AMAZING. Go watch it on Netflix. Right now.)
Also, this happened. It’s a common occurrence, really, but I can never get over the cuteness:
Then I turned in for the night and spent some time reading Make it Happen. I’ve been reading this for a little over a month now, and it has been SO GOOD for my heart. I’ve been really savoring it and taking copious notes. So. Much. Goodness.
Then Saturday was a sleep in and be productive kind of day. It seems weird, but I cherish the days I am free enough to really clean the kitchen. Just doing laundry and getting all the dishes done and organizing things. I LIVE for that on the weekends… Does this mean I’m officially a grown up? Maybe. Also? I cleaned ALL of my make up brushes. That may seem like small potatoes to you if you have your life together, but this was a big deal for me. I’m not going to tell you how long it’s been since I’ve done this, because I want you to think I’m a fancy person who isn’t living in filth. Just go with it.
After the productiveness, Adorabeezle came home from work and we hit up EPCOT for Galentine’s Day. (If you don’t know what Galentine’s Day is you need to watch Parks and Rec ASAP!!!)
We grabbed some fish and chips (I ate the fish. Adorabeezle ate the chips). and then we headed to France where we waited 20 minutes in line for a cocktail and then 20 minutes in line for the patisserie. We regret nothing.
The drink was a specialty orange passion fruit slushie, that came in a “souvenir glass,” which I thought was kind of silly since it was just a sphere and made my drink cost three extra dollars, but it was delicious and I have NO REGRETS.
After Epcot, we came home and I treated myself to a nice lush bath bomb bath complete with Christmas lights, candles, poor girl sangria (wine with a splash of oj and some cut up oranges) a touch of chocolate and a episode of Fixer Upper on my Kindle.
Sunday was church and then ALL THE ERRANDS. I did some cooking for the week and finished some apartment projects I’ve been putting off. I also put together a breathtaking doughnut diorama. Because I don’t play around when it comes to holidays or doughnuts.
The rest of the night was spent with netflix and putting that souvenir glass to good use:
(yes the succulent is fake – who do you think I am? a real grown up person?) But I’m fairly certain the moss I bought from Joann’s is real… which kind of freaked me out…
Anyway, that was my Galentine’s weekend, Internet. How was yours?
Hello Internet! I know that it’s been forever. I’m trying to figure out my school/life balance, and blogging has kind of fallen by the wayside… for now… I’m determined to get back into the swing of things here soon. But for now, other things are taking priority.
Today I wanted to share a list with you. This is a list of things you may hear somebody in our apartment tell the cats. I say at least one of these things Every. Single. Day. It turns out when you are raising two kittens, you are constantly monitoring where they are (never where they belong) and telling them what are not. So, for instance, when Winston climbs onto the coffee table (approximately 863 times a day), somebody ends up yelling “cats aren’t coffee!” and then we move him and five minutes later we have to tell him again.
Here is a by no means complete list of things our cats think they are, which in fact they are not.
- Mixed drinks
- Craft supplies
- Dirty dishes
- Work essentials
- Car keys
- Nighttime essentials
- Electrical cords
- Perishable items
- Nonperishable items
- Garbage (yes… yes they are)
- Window dressings
- Christmas decorations
- Cleaning supplies
- Smart (at least mine aren’t)
Do any of these sound familiar Internet? If so, I’d be willing to wager you’ve owned a cat or two in your day.
I’ll leave you with a few pictures of the cats where they belong:
A photo posted by Liz (@liz_tippy) on
Hey Internet! I realized I haven’t given you an update on Winston and Ellie May since we got them!
I know. Its horrible. YOU NEED YOUR KITTEN PICTURES. But… finals… That has been my excuse for everything for two months.
So. Kittens. I love them so much. And more important THEY LOVE EACH OTHER SO MUCH. They are best friends. They could care less about me and Adorabeezle. They have each other. I mean:
They are spoiled rotten, obvi, and have their own cat tree. They love it, but have also managed to destroy it a little – there are no longer mice toys attached to it.
For a long time, anytime anyone asked how the kittens were I would say “They are good. Just, you know, destroying everything we love.” And I stand by that statement. EXHIBIT A:
They are growing. They are basically butterballs. Both of them are rather rotund, I keep saying it is because they are about to go through growth spurts, but after Binx I MAY just have a penchant for raising really fat cats, only time will tell.
Mostly, we just really love them. I am obsessed with them and miss them terribly when I’m gone. Every two days I look at them and wonder how they have gotten so bug and then I cry…like actual tears… and that does not happen. I am a robot…
So the cats are good. And if you want more updates, you should follow me on Instagram because around 85% of my posts are cat related.
Hey Internet! So things have been so crazy around these parts (I had my first test of grad school yesterday – and I crushed it), and I totally forgot that I HAVEN’T INTRODUCED YOU TO ELLIE MAY PENNYWHISTLE!!!!
That’s right! Winston has a sister!! And they totally love each other.
I mean how could I blog with these babies around? (Note the untouched computer in the background of that photo).
As you can see, she can be a sleepy baby (and we totally are teaching her right with the Oreos), but this girl has some ENERGY in her – its just easier to take her picture when she isn’t moving at the speed of ninja. She loves playing with her brother and her toys.
She is also a snuggle bug with a penchant for trying to suckle blankets.
So we have our hands full over here, but we are LOVING it.
Happy Hump Day Internet!!
Hey Internet! Happy Friday! I am smack dab in the middle of a FIVE DAY WEEKEND because sometimes life is GREAT. (Also because: Football. Thank you college football!!)
Anyway, today I wanted to come and tell you five things I have learned since Adorabeezle and I adopted Professor Winston Woolysocks. So far I have learned:
- How to bathe a kitten. So I’ve had cats most of my life, but I have never ever given one a bath. Adorabeezle judges me for this, but I maintain that cats are self cleaning! That is one of their best qualities! But APPARENTLY cats need baths (I’m still not convinced overall). Winnie the Bish definitely did though, so I can now say that I have washed my first cat. It was… interesting…
- I am not a Ferberizer. (And most people don’t know what that means). So just in case you don’t read as many mommy blogs as I do, Ferberizing is basically the method of letting your baby “cry it out” when when you put them to bed. Its a tad more nuanced than that, but the basic concept stands. Since he is so small, we are keeping Winston in the kitchen when we are not home/sleeping. After we say goodnight to him and plug in his night light (yes, he requires a night light) we go to bed with the intentions of ferberizing him and not coming out until morning. Professor Winston is not a fan of this plan, and his tiny pathetic kitten cries are so sad. I can’t stand to let him sit there and “cry it out,” so on more than one occasion I have ended up coming back out and sitting on the couch with him for an extra hour while he sleeps on me and I read or play candy crush. This may become a problem.
- I make an excellent cat tree. This one is pretty self explanatory. When Winston is not sleeping he likes to climb us: up our legs, onto our shoulders, onto our heads. This cat loves to climb and I am a GREAT climbing tree.
- Kittens can fit into the tiniest spaces you can think of. When we first got Winston home, he was understandably scared. We got him all set up in the kitchen, I was getting his litter box set up, and it scared him. He was hiding in a corner, and all of a sudden he was gone. We looked and looked and could not find him. And THEN we found out that the bottom of our kitchen cabinets has a hole in it that leads to the corner of the cabinetry (a place that is unreachable for humans). It. Was. Awesome. And by awesome I mean I flipped out. We could hear him in/under the cabinets, but we couldn’t see him or get to him. Luckily around 5 minutes later he crawled out from a similar hole on the other side of the kitchen (apparently there is a secret passageway that links to two corners). Luckily he didn’t go back into the cabinets TOO many more times, and I think he is finally comfortable enough with us to not try to hide, but it was scary when it happened.
- I am never going to be productive at home again. All I ever want to do anymore is to lay on the couch and read a book with Winston. This may be a problem seeing as grad school just started… We will see how this goes…
Anyway, I hope you have a great (and hopefully long) weekend Internet!