Hey Internet! How you doin’? (Picture me saying that as Joey Tribbiani from Friends. Because that is how I wrote it in my head.)
So after my existential crisis (not crisis – discussion?) yesterday, I thought I’d drop by with a new kind of post. I was inspired by this post on Blogher the other day, but I have seen a number of different incarnations of the “What’s in My Purse” posts, both on blogs and on youtube. The basic idea is “these are the things that I find essential to carry with me at all times.”
These posts are good if you: a) Are super nosey like me and/or b) Are in the market for some new favorite purse essentials (which I always am). But let’s be honest. The inside of my purse NEVER look as good as these posts. The inside of my purse is a hot mess. So after I read that post I decided to take my purse, as is, dump it out on my bed, and tell you for reals what is in my purse. If it seems overly clean, that is only because I am not used to such a small purse and I have been having a doosy of a time trying to fit everything in it.
Recently I have been carrying an old Dooney & Bourke purse that I got at an outlet mall in high school. I haven’t carried it in years, but saw it in my closet on a day I was feeling like I needed some change in my life.
The first thing you might notice is that my purse is not closed. Things are sticking out of it. This is pretty much a constant state as of late. I carry too much on my person and hard core CANNOT get it to stay closed. I know its not super smart to carry my purse hanging open all the time… But I do it anyway…
This is what it looked like when I dumped the contents of my purse onto my bed. In my purse I had:
- A bag of lip products that included:
- No less that 8 lip products
- A compact mirror
- A USB drive
- A Calendar that I am trying desperately to use
- No less than 2 Moleskin notebooks
- My wallet
- Some gum
- Some Kleenex
- A Barnes & Nobel Christmas Gift Card
- My iPod
- An (Empty) Fabric envelope that is meant to go in my wallet to help me budget
- A Target receipt
- A Target Gift Receipt for a gift I do not remember buying
- A paper from a Bible Study I went to a week ago
- A hair tie
Bonus: Usually I have my head phones in a tangled mess in my purse, but I was wearing them when I started taking these pictures. I did add them in later though!
And this was my purse when it was HARD CORE clean. Usually I carry a purse the size of a tote bag and then I am REALLY carrying a lot.
Some more specific deets for those of you who want the:
- My Calendar is from the new Sugar Paper line for Target, which I love. That doesn’t make me use it more, but I like it!
- The Gum is Shaun White White Mint. That is important.
- I got the wallet at Kohl’s
- The compact was $3 at Forever 21
- The Lip Products are:
- Origins Liquid Lip Color in Really Rosie (18)
- Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue in Soothing Sorbet
- Dr. Lipp Nipple Balm for Lips
- Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Lollipop (075)
- Maybelline Color Whisper in Who Wore it Redder (45 20K200) AND Rose of Attraction (75 20K600)
- Liplicious Tasty Lip Color in Fresh Mulberry
- bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie in Spark Plug (65369)
So what do you have in your purse that you can’t live without, Internet? Better yet, how many receipts do you have stuffed in your purse? That is the REAL question.
Thanks for tuning in this magical Tuesday! Tune in next week when I will actually be able to partake in some Tea! (And more importantly COFFEE!!)