Tuesday Tea | Cabin Fever

Hey Internet! How are y’all doing? It’s time again for Tuesday Tea! Thanks to KhalaSamanthaRenee and Jenni for hosting!

Tuesday Tea Link Up

Ok, Internet, I don’t know about you, but I am experiencing some SERIOUS cabin fever up in here. This winter has been SO COLD. In Chicago we just got over our third POLAR VORTEX and I am just DONE. I am so cold and all I want to do is go outside and walk around and ride my bike (which is WEIRD for me, because in general I am not a fan of nature. It’s the dirt thing. And the grass thing. Fun fact: I am allergic to grass. It makes me super itchy). Anyway, it is strange for me to have a hankering to spend time outdoors, but a-hankerin’ I am!

I just really want it to be spring! I want flowers and sunshine! I want to be able to see the grass that makes me itch so much! I want to wear dresses and lightweight jackets! I want my lips an hands to stop being chapped all the time.

I’m about ready to pack it all in and move back to Florida.

It doesn’t help that 85% of all my favorite bloggers are in the south somewhere. They keep talking about the warmth and the sunshine and I am super happy for them (I am.) but it is just making the cabin fever worse.

This weekend I decided to throw caution to the (considerable) wind and talk a few walks anyway. It was lovely to get out of the house and be outside, but unfortunately many of our sidewalks were still covered in a layer of ice and a good walk is never as nice once your face goes numb. Plus Marcie and I hardcore almost got run over by my neighbor not 5 minutes into our walk. It was like the universe was trying to send us a message: “It’s not warm yet crazies. It’s not time to go outside yet.”

So this girl is a-prayin’ for spring to come SOON. But I heard a rumor that we are going to get another storm this week. And then I cried and cried.

I hope you all are having a warmer time than I am! If not, join me in singing this here song and check out KhalaSamanthaRenee and Jenni‘s blogs!

Love, Liz

10 Responses to Tuesday Tea | Cabin Fever

1. Jessi Otey says:

Ok I’m concentrating really hard and sending warm vibes your way….we are reaching 70 today here in VA and I am BEYOND thrilled- who knows if it’ll last but i’ll take it! haha

• Liz says:

Haha thank you for the vibes!! It has warmed up here in the past two days (i got to walk around the industrial park I work in yesterday so that was BEAUTIFUL – lots of concrete) but if is still supposed to snow on Thursday 🙁

2. You poor thing! I lived in Pittsburgh, then update NY (including Buffalo) and I certainly do not miss the constant snow, cold and just nasty dark gloomy weather! Fingers crossed we all get some sunshine and warm weather soon! I’m so sorry you’re allergic to grass! That certainly has to make the warmer seasons a bit tricky! Thanks for linking up with again this week! xo

• Liz says:

I will probably roll around all up in the grass when the snow melts and the mud dries. I won’t even care I will just be so happy!… And then is will take a shower straight away….

3. Nina says:

Hey what about one of your fave bloggers in SF? Lol. Jk. I heard that same rumor and I’m sorry girl, I don’t think it is a rumor…

• Liz says:

I know! Ugh. Double ugh. And the super sad thing is it warmed up after I wrote this. It smells like spring! It does! And now it’s going to snow AGAIN!

4. Marcei says:

I think the correct word was “mowed down” by the neighbors. That woman had someplace to be!

5. Myla says:

I live in Central Illinois and feel your pain! I also can relate about reading all these wonderful Southern bloggers and thinking “Ugh! I want palmettos, beaches and sweet tea too!” I hope the forecast is wrong… NO MORE SNOW!