Hey Internet! It’s Friday and that makes me VERY happy! Because I am VERY tired. Those of you who are friends with me on the Facebook (read: probably all of you) may know that last night my iPhone got stuck in recovery mode. It was upsetting and, while I did get if fixed, I was up until 1:30 nursing it back to health.
In honor of that, this Five Things Friday is brought to you by my lunch break today:
Things I Have Done in the Backseat of My Car (It’s Not What It Sounds Like)
1) Changed clothes about 193084739 times – I have changed my clothes in the back seat of my car more times than I care to admit. I’ve changed into work clothes, out of work clothes, and into (and then back out of) interview clothes.
What may be even more concerning are the places my car has been parked on these occasions*: the Cast Member parking lots at Disney (this one happened A LOT), parking garages in downtown Chicago, a campground, the list goes on and on.
*I’d just like to state for the record that I have dark tinted windows and no one has ever caught me changing in a parking lot.
2) Slept on my lunch breaks – again, the Cast Member parking lot played host to this a lot.
“But wait Liz!” I hear you cry. “Are you telling me you would sleep in a car in the hot hot Florida sun?!?”
And to that I say “Well, I opened the windows to encourage a breeze?”
I have also done this at my current job. Including today. In fact, the hot hot Florida sun is sometimes a better place to car sleep than the Midwest. I had to wear gloves for my nap today. It’s getting cold up here so I’m going to need to start keeping a lunch nap blanket in my car…. Note to self: buy car nap blanket.
3) Slept through the night – I know what your thinking. No. I’m not – nor have I ever been – homeless. But sometimes you drive to North Carolina and get there at 3 am and there is a wonderful rest area with signs posted all over saying “do not park overnight” but what choice do you have but to sleep? It’s 3 in the morning!**
And then sometimes you and old roommate visit a friend at school and her apartment has toxic mold so the three of you have no choice but to sleep in the back of your car!
And sometimes you sleep in the parking lot of your apartment building because you and your roommate think it would be a fun adventure. And you are totally right about that!!***
**technically this probably only counts as a half night so it was totally legal… Yes… We are going to go with that….
*** Note: I have an SUV, so when you fold down the back seats you can totally make a legit bed that is comfy cozy. This may not be a fun adventure in all cars.
4) Transported a hedgehog over 1200 miles in a Rubbermaid container**** – I think this is pretty self explanatory. But I would like to point out that she was alive. And that she stayed alive. And that the Rubbermaid container was really very big. And that I am great pet owner. Really. I am. I promise.
****This is not a paid endorsement of the Rubbermaid Corporation
5) Wrapped a bazillion presents – I am a big fan of gift giving and package sending, but apparently I am NOT a big fan of present wrapping. This is why I always seem to find myself in the post office parking lot or a party host’s driveway frantically wrapping presents. Actually, I should probably put together a car gift wrapping kit… BILLION DOLLAR IDEA!!
So there’s that Internet. I’m off to watch a very old VHS tape of Disney’s Halloween Treats. What have you done in the back seats of your cars Internet?
Hey! Get your minds out of the gutter!!